Samsung has just released the latest smartphones in their flagship Galaxy S series. The latest Galaxy S series devices are named as the Galaxy S9 and S9+. Now, these smartphones are the successors to Galaxy S8 and S8+ which were launched last year. As far as Galaxy S8 series is concerned, the smartphones were launched with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
Also – Download Lineage OS 15.1
Talking about Android Nougat, it was the latest version of Android available at that time. This meant that the devices were launched with the up-to-date version of Android. Same is the case with Galaxy S9 series which is launched with Android 8.1 Oreo. However, we have known that the Galaxy S8 series is still left out of getting the Android 8.1 Oreo update.
It is worth mentioning that the Galaxy S8 and S8+ have officially got Android 8.0 Oreo. Although, it should be noted that Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest version of Android after Android 8.0 Oreo. Thus, we have now published a tutorial for you which will guide you step by step on how to install Android Oreo on your Galaxy S8 and S8+. Take note that this ROM is only available for the Exynos powered Galaxy S8/S8+ so do not try this on the Snapdragon powered Galaxy S8 devices.
- Note that this process will wipe data on your device so it is very important to take an entire backup of your smartphone before installation of any Custom ROM. Thus, we would suggest you to do the same as well.
- Also, it is necessary that you charge your device to at least 50% or more so that there are no problems during the installation process.
- Apart from that, it is mandatory that your device is unlocked and you should have custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP recovery to be installed on your device.
Steps to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S8 and S8+
- It is compulsory that you follow each and every step mentioned in the Prerequisites section properly as they are very critical.
- Now that you have completed all the Prerequisites steps, we can proceed with the installation process.
- Go to the Downloads section above and download both the files attached above on your PC or smartphone.
- If you have downloaded this files on your PC, transfer them to your smartphone’s internal storage via a USB Cable.
- Once the files are transferred, you have to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- To enter TWRP recovery, switch off your phone and press Power + Volume Down button for few seconds.
- Inside recovery, go to Install section and select the downloaded files one by one and flash them to your device.
- Once the flashing is done, you have to select the Reboot to System option inside recovery.
- Once your phone has rebooted to system, your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ will be running Android 8.0 Oreo
In order to have a successful installation, make sure to follow each and every step properly and without fail. However, if you still face any troubles then feel free to ask your questions below.